Tile: Global Director of Corporate Consolidation and ReportingJOB DESCRIPTION
Location: Downers Grove
Length: Full Time
The Global Director of Corporate Consolidation and Reporting will be a key financial leader and a close partner with the regional accounting and FP&A teams. You will own the global corporate consolidation process working closely with the global finance and accounting teams. The successful candidate will own the consolidation mechanics of all internal and external financial statements and will lead the day-to-day global consolidation activities for month end reporting using the Workday financial reporting solution. The candidate will produce the monthly and audited financial statements and coordinate and lead the annual external audit. This position will be hands-on with a small number of direct reports that will assist in the monthly consolidation process.
- Information Systems: Expert knowledge of the Workday financial consolidation system and the capabilities it can deliver to its users. Should be a power user in relation to accounting and system processes.
- Consolidation Process: Will manage the monthly closing process to ensure key activities are performed on time. Will need to actively communicate with the global accounting teams. Will have overall responsibility for ensuring inter-company accounts are reconciled timely.
- Preparation of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Financial Statements: Utilizing the tools available in Workday, will be responsible for financial reporting, ensuring that the information provided agrees to underlying accounting records. Will be directly responsible for the majority of the preparation of the information reflected in the reporting, but will need to coordinate some components with others within the organization.
- Document Management: Will maintain accurate records to facilitate the review of the documents by senior management, external audit and internal audit.
- Technical Accounting: Deep understanding of financial consolidation process and the foreign currency impact on consolidations and financial statement preparation. Knowledge of SEC reporting requirements and US GAAP will be critical.
- Financial leadership: Serve as a key member of the Corporate Controller’s leadership team and work very closely with the regional accounting organizations to bring a strong process orientation to the accounting organization.
- Control environment: Be an active participant in ensuring the Company’s financial reporting controls are maintained and identify enhancements.
- Auditors: From the company’s perspective, lead and coordinate the annual global external audit process. Develop and maintain relationships that effectively represent the company’s interests with external auditors.
- Team leadership: Emphasizing high standards for accountability, collegiality, integrity and professional pride.
- Business partner: Build strong relationships with key finance and accounting leaders. Actively look to bring solutions to apparent problems. Partner with operating and finance leaders where needed across the world.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred, A CPA is required. Fluency in accounting and financial consolidations is required, as well as statement of cash flows preparation and foreign currency impact on financial statements.
- 10+ years of technical accounting, consolidations and experience in financial reporting solutions in a global corporation.
- Fluency in accounting and financial consolidations is required, as well as statement of cash flows preparation and foreign currency impact on financial statements.
- A combination of public accounting and public company experience in an international company. (Acquisition integration experience is a plus).
- Previous experience as a lead accountant involved in preparing footnotes and financial statements is required as well as financial statement consolidation experience.
- Experience with Workday financial systems is a plus.