StepBeyond Solutions Inc
Our client is aggressively seeking an Regional Sales Manager. Contract Manufacturer and/or OEM experience STRONGLY preferred.
The Official Career Partner of EMSinsider, The #1 LinkedIn group for Electronics Manufacturing
StepBeyond Solutions Inc is the leader in Executive Search and Technical Recruiting for Electronics Manufacturers. StepBeyond.com has been the premier online EM recruiting site since 1997.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Regional Sales Manager is a hands-on contributor responsible for driving direct sales with key accounts in the assigned region. You will be focused on greater focus and penetration of existing customers while broadening new customers and opportunities within the region.
Primary Role & Responsibilities
- Meet and exceed the sales target each fiscal year
- Create and manage a regional sales plan that ensures the company meets annual targets
- Create and maintain all customer records and information
- Responsible to manage and follow- up on all visits to customers by all visitors
- Represent and articulate the company’s business strategy and vision to key customers and business partners. Create and continually re-evaluate competitive positions to ensure market competitiveness and optimal sales strategy within the region.
- Expand market penetration through enabling channel partners.
- Ensure the profit growth and expansion of company products/solutions by development and execution of sales plans and programs both short and long term within the region.
- Work with marketing team to create strategic initiatives and campaigns to help drive growth.
Key Skills & Competencies Highly motivated and results driven, with a proven track record of consistent sales growth and exceeding goals. A natural self-starter with ability to identify, target, qualify and develop target accounts with capabilities for converting into design wins and regional sales revenues.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with at least 6 years of OEM field sales experience selling complex technical solutions in the Interconnect, Semiconductor and/or Networking equipment industries preferred
- Excellent communication skills required for internal and external presentations. The candidate must be proficient at communicating effectively with both design engineering and purchasing contacts at the customer as well as with all relevant internal functions.
- Sales, business development and marketing competence essential
- Healthy competitive drive, detailed and creative, team player with synergistic style, accountable and reliable
- Strong industry network at OEMs in market segments including: Telecom/Datacom, Computer and Mobile Computing, Industrial and Healthcare
- Experienced commercial negotiator managing key strategic partnerships and relationships Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- Strong user of SFDC
- Strong project management skills with excellent ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task
- Outstanding presentation skills and Fluent in English
- Willingness & ability to travel as required
- Expected to exhibit leadership capability and coach a team (including external sales reps) towards achieving business objectives.
- Willingness to be hands on sales manager working with a small internal team including inside sales, engineering and peers across the US.