Global chemical company seeking Senior Account Manager
Like to travel? This position will have you traveling up to 60% of the time to the corporate office and visiting customers, new clients, trade shows, etc.
Sr. Account Manager openings exists with a global chemical company client. Position(s) can be located in a major city working remote (Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Detroit, etc). Experience with large bulk chemical manufacturing facilities a plus. These particular roles will support the Company's Fluorochemicals and Organic Peroxides businesses (2 separate roles).
Some Activities in these roles will be to:
- Develop and maintain key relationships with national accounts (on a "high, wide & deep" basis) and prospects through: customers visits, organiztion of customer events, participation in relevant trade/association meetings
- Manage relevant accounts from a global perspective through the Key Account Management process
- Maintain and understanding of all the key contacts for each account. this includes Corporate Sourcing plus the Customer's Business, Marketing, Production and Research Organizations.
- Develop, maintain, and implement Key Account plans that will support the business annual plan
- Present account strategies and progress versus milestones to the sales manager and Fluorochemicals team on a routine basis
- Communicate and coordinate with the foam and HVAC market managers
- Implement price and volume strategy for assigned accounts
- Negotiate contracts along with the Sales Managers and align with strategy guidelines provided by Business Managers
- Ensure product delivery through coordination with Supply Chain, reconciliation of invoicing issues and perform as a proactive manager of the collection process
- Ensure field intelligence gathering and provide relevant account information back to the Sales Manager and the Business Managers through timely direct commuication as well as detailed sales call reports for all relevant customer visits. Enter all sales conact activity in the Sales Force web based contact management database
- Develop and proactively manage monthly and annual sales forecasts and budgets within the scope of product and accunt importance
- BS degree in business or science related field needed to understand the technical, financial, and economic aspects of the job.
- 10+ years experience in sales and/or marketing; previous foam industry experience is a plus
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, presentation skills, negotiating skills
- Able to interact with and influence internal employees and customers at all levels in their organization (up to the C level)
- Develop and execute Key Account Plans; tactics, assignments, rationale, due dates, deliverables
- Demonstrated success in contract negotiation, closing sales, finding new sales and bringing ideas forward that may add value to the overall company
- Abiity to understand customer needs and desires within the context of Arkema's account goals
- Ability to interact with all levels of customer personnel from the group floor up to the Business Leaders
- Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SAP
- Self motivated and able to work effectively within a team enviroment
- Able to cope with a travel schedule that may require up to 60% travel